Monday, September 18, 2006

Inspiron 6000

Dell Inspiron 6000 was my first laptop (the first one that I paid for). The config that I orderd had:
  • Intel® Pentium® M Processor 730 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Home - I wish I would have got XP Professional but... :(
  • 15.4 WXGA - okay, TruBright was not there yet...
  • 512MB DDR2 SDRAM 1 Dimm - I wanted to add more RAM, so paid more.. for single dimm, but never added the ram
  • 64MB DDR ATI's MOBILITY? RADEON X300 PCI Express x16 Graphics - I wanted more graphics power, but for some reason, it never was that good...
  • 60GB Hard Drive - I always kept getting it filled up, and kept burning dvds.. more would be better
  • Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps) - no complains about it
  • 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability - Slow, they could make it faster, or not yet?
It also had few other things that I did not like:
  • Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months America Online Internet Access Included, assuming that this was 24$ a month, this itself was worth 144$, and it required me to have a dial-up connection. Not very useful if you already have a net connection. I would have liked it to be an optional thing, and Dell could have offered something else instead, may be a webcam, or even a wireless router.

No comments: